3.25.2008

new cover



Kyle Lowe - I Don't Want To Live On The Moon from Kyle Lowe on Vimeo.

I Don't Want To Live On The Moon has been one of my favorite Sesame Street songs since I was really little. When I was deciding on where to go to college I heard this song while babysitting my little cousin. I don't know if it directly effected my decision to stay home and go to the local college, but the song seemed to embody how I felt at the time.

I also have uploaded some other videos to Vimeo. I think I like the quality and layout of Vimeo more than YouTube. Things just seem to crazy over at youtube, but I'll probably keep uploading my videos to both since youtube videos are more likely to receive more viewership.

I'm fairly nervous this morning, I have to direct my "pencil exercise" in my video production class. I don't know if I like that fact that it's the video that I direct that gets the major grading. I really like being the technical director or graphics or audio, too much stress is set upon the director's position.

Maybe the teacher will go easy on me now that they know I'm younger than all of the other students. The rest of the students are juniors and seniors (20-23) while the little freshman is trying to hold his own. At least they thought I was as old as them for as long as they did. An equal peer. A competitive match. Something like that. Now, (I think) they see me more as someone with room to grow rather than someone at the end of the collegial run who hasn't been keeping up.

Well, that was nice to type out, rather than bottle up until exploding. There's nothing like pounding out unabashed thoughts onto an online blog for the world to see. Wish me luck.

(ps. Notice the compulsion to type with (semi-)correct capitalization. It's probably a good habit to keep.)