10.02.2008

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist


Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist is an entertaining, semi-highbrow comedy that will appeal to hipsters and musical literate.

The movie's moving plots intertwine, which could lose some people, but isn't too hard to follow.

Michael Cera, as Nick, plays his now expected subtle hilarious character. A straigh bass player in a queercore New York underground band. He's not the same as the character's he's played in Juno or Superbad because he's plagued by the recent break up. This shows his ability to play deeper character than simply the high school loser boy. Now he's a fairly cool yet tormented high school boy.

Kat Dennings, as Norah, plays the smart-alec-y girl that she seems to play. She plays smart and cool, but can get emotional if she suspects she's being toyed with.

I really love the movie's winding and intertwining plot. Searching for the drunk friend, trying to find clues for the elusive band and the silly gay band members just trying to have fun all tie together and help each other to give Nick and Norah the perfect night.

I want it to be a popular movie. I also really like the Rocker and wanted it to do well and we know how well that went... Oh well. I can wish.












Unrelated note: I just finished my cut of the musical. Monday, Carl and I are going to get together in class and take the best parts from each other's and make a final version.

It should be up monday evening.

I'll post it as soon as it's done.

I guess Abigail took some pictures, but they're only on Facebook... Oh well.