4.14.2009

Bazil Pictures and More Degrees of Separation

When Bazil The Great played Central Valley Talk last week, I had my friends Carl and Christy come out and take some pictures of us. Here are my favorites:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kylelowe/sets/72157616739938546/

















A few weeks ago, I played with my school jazz band for the school's "Day Of Percussion" and played with a guest drummer, Jeff Hamilton. Jeff kicked butt and was a great drummer (although he played really loud into my ear since the guitar sits next to the ride cymbal… I just hope I don't get Tinnitus when I'm too young) and I knew he had quite a lengthy résumé, but I just caught the Letterman from two weeks ago that Diana Krall was on and there Jeff was playing right behind her!

Pretty crazy! So because I played with Jeff Hamilton for the "Day Of Percussion" my degree of separation from Diana Krall is now one or two (I really need to look up how it actually works…). And then my degree of separation from Led Zeppelin and Elvis Costello is just two or three… Crazy indeed. But actually just being that close to Diana Krall is pretty awesome in itself…