8.26.2008

First two days of school.

So I've gone to my first two days of school. It seems alright.

My first class yesterday (MWF) was PHIL25 and it seems interesting. I'll be learning about arguments (the rationalizing kind, not the emotional kind, I hope)! The prof has a funny accent since English isn't his first language and he learned English in the Midwest. I figure as long as I'm able to follow, I'll do fine.

My second class was DRAMA62. The prof is a big showy guy (I hear most drama teachers are) and seems nice and laid back. I found it funny that Borat is included in our in class movies, but we're supposed to be learning about how entertainment makes a viewer feel, so I guess it is appropriate.

My third class will/should be Jazz Band. I'll have my audition tomorrow. So I'll have to get back to this one later.

My fourth class (and last MWF class) was MCJ115. It is another video production class where I'll get to use Final Cut Pro! I'm really excited to learn more about the program, and I was surprised to hear the prof say that she not only want to merely teach us the program but also to be good story tellers. I like a well told story, and love it when I'm able to tell one.

Today I began my day with MCJ10 (TTh). It's the media writing class that all of the MCJ students have to take. I like writing, so as long as I'm on top of my assignments, I think I'll do well.

Lastly, I ended my second day (of my second year at the university) with HIST12. It'll cover American history from 1877 to present day. It's GE and I hope I can breeze through it and get an A.



So now I have first impressions of my third semester and I think I will enjoy it. I'll have a lot of projects and assignments between them all, but I feel that if I don't fall behind, I'll do great. I just need to not fall behind, which worries me.

Speaking of which, I should get something to eat and then get to the reading assignments...