8.15.2008

The Rocker

Last night I saw The Rocker. It rocked.

The movie starts off really off the wall and crazy and lets the sadness of Rainn Wilson's Fish sink in.

It picks up again when learning of his nephew and the band that needs a drummer. A bunch of feel good stuff happens and the band starts doing well. After a while a wrench is thrown into the metaphorical engine that is the band and tests it's strength.

The comedy is strong from Wilson and Jason Sudeikis as the asshole manager. Teddy Geiger plays the angsty teenager well and Emma Stone throws some funny and angst well. I was a little bummed that the nephew, Matt (played by Josh Gad), didn't get as much character development as the rest of the band, but I understand that it probably didn't fit with the pacing...

I enjoyed it a lot. I love comedy and rock, and this did a pretty good job of combining the two (I might even dare say that I enjoyed it more that School Of Rock...).

Favorite line:
"John Lennon is rolling in his grave... To hide the boner you just gave him!"



Unrelated: I just uploaded a new song.
http://kylelowe.muxtape.com/
http://www.myspace.com/theamazingkylelowe
Give it a listen and share your thoughts.