8.29.2008

First week of school: impressions.

So, the first week of school (of my second year, third semester, at Fresno State) has come an by. And here are my impressions.

My first class, Philosophy is crazy. There are some stubborn people in there. It is really funny. Some of the kids in the class don't understand "theoretical" arguments. Today, the class was informed that the class is moving classrooms and buildings. That doesn't make my day easier, but it won't be a big deal.

My drama class is a riot. The teacher is comedian at heart and I don't want to know what happened to make him settle on teaching... Something depressing, I bet. Two friends from high school (and another person from high school that I don't really know) are in the class, so that is nice.

Jazz band should be same old, same old. I didn't do as wells as I wanted at the audition, but that's my own fault for not practicing sight reading over the summer...

I'm excited for my video production class. I originally thought it would be a very technical class (like my last video production class) but the teacher is really enthused about story telling skills rather than technical skills. I feel the same way and am really, really excited in comparison to the really excited about being in the class before the class began.

My writing class, I think, will be fun. Quite a bit of work, but still fun. The prof wants us to memorize some stuff that I think can become difficult, but as long as I'm on top of my game, I'm sure I'll do fine.

My history class is the class I'm a bit worried about. The prof expects the class to read whole 20+ page chapters between Tuesday and Thursday class meetings and have pop (unprepared) quizzes occasionally just to check if students read the chapter. I really need to get on my homework for that class. Oh well. It's GE and needs to be done one way or another.

So I think in general, I'll have a fairly enjoyable semester. We'll see how it goes and if this blog turns into a crazy rant of my school or not...





Unrelated:
I'm working on a new song and it's almost completely to a point that I think is good enough -- an artist's work is never done.

And Tyson and I are going to have another recording session next weekend, so expect a new song from him in a week or two.

But I'll probably post again those songs get posted...